When you go through the Educational License terms of McNeel products (e.g. Rhinoceros 3D) you might be surprised. This company has a complete unique take on licensing pricing and terms.
- you pay an educational price (yes, it is not as cheap as free AutoCAD or ArchiCAD);
- e.g. about €200 for Rhino compared to €1000 for the commercial version
- there are no limitations;
- you are allowed to use it for commercial work;
- when you graduate, it automatically becomes a commercial version that you are allowed to keep using;
- when the time comes to upgrade, you pay the suitable upgrade price (educational when you still qualify, otherwise commercial).
Does anybody knows about a firm that presents similar flexibility? Good investment for a student for later.